Testing, testing...

My apologies for having failed to update in over a week (though I beg clemency on grounds that I posted a number of times in close succession before the lapse). I'm testing out posting by email so I'll know how this works when I get to Cameroon -- which, by the way, will have weather similar to what we're experiencing in southeastern Manitoba right now. Just getting me acclimatized!

For the first time since the event's inception, I was actually at the Kuhl family campout for the whole weekend. Other years I've been at camp, out of the province, out of the country, or working for all or part of the weekend. This year, I was one of the only ones from my generation to stay that long, certainly the only unmarried to stick around the whole weekend. (Actually, there are very few of us left now and most of us are my immediate family.) Fortuntely, Peach came on Saturday and left with me on Sunday, so to avoid feeling out of place I spent much time chasing after her and occasionally watching Joshua as well. Nevertheless, it was a good weekend. I got to spend lots of time with Dan and Lisa, plying them with questions, seeing pictures, and getting to know Rachel and Joshua a bit. Thank you also to my family -- that is, all the Kuhls -- for all your encouragement and support. I'm so blessed.

Comments

lasselanta said…
Looks like the remote posting is working! :-)

I am SO jealous that you got to spend a weekend with the Friesens. And meet Joshua. I miss them...
kar0ling said…
Yup, no problems there. well, except having to delete off the annoying tags hotmail adds on the end, but I won't be emailing from my hotmail anyway, so it won't be a problem.

I was running after my niece (2yrs, 2 months) for most of the weekend and ended up chasing Joshua around part of the time as well, so I think I'm introduced to him now. Rachel, on the other hand, was off with her cousins and second cousins the whole time and I hardly spoke to her at all.

It's so weird that I'm now going to the place Dan and Lisa told me about and they're not going to be there for almost 2 months still!

Popular Posts