Subway observation

It's high time for another post, but the creeping dark says I ought to retire sooner rather than later. Faced with the option of tooting my own horn for a gratuitous post or thowing out a flippant observation, I'll go with the latter.

You know you're in Montreal when...
...the trendy young woman on the subway wearing a shapely dress, beret, and retro schoolteacher heels has a fur stole around her neck -- identifiably mink by its beady eyes and little feet.

It made me smile. Somehow, I can't imagine those little eyes going over well anywhere else in North America, at least, not south of the Arctic Circle, where I suspect the heels might be out of place. It's fascinating how Quebec is so distinctly different from the rest of Canada above and beyond the diversity from one region to the next.

Comments

Popular Posts