It's good to be home

Ah, air conditioning in the car. What a treat. After my trip north, what a blissfully comfortable ride home from Kumba I had with the Scotts, crammed in the backseat with the kids yammering my ear off.

It's humid as all get out here, but that's home to me now. The place is crawling with ants and I'm back to being bug bait, but that's home to me now. The village is noisy with children crying and shouting all day, adults partying all evening, and early birds swishing machetes through the foliage in the wee hours of the morning, but that's home to me now.

My travels were truly wonderful, and I don't regret a moment of them, but it's good to be home.

**Editorial comment: I apologize for the tardiness and out-of-sequenceness of the entries on my trip north and return home.

Comments

Popular Posts